quote

"There's no beauty without poignancy and there's no poignancy without the feeling that it's going, men, names, books, houses--bound for dust--mortal--" - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Beautiful & Damned)

Monday, January 12, 2015

Farewell 2014



Happy new year! Although late, I’m wishing you all good things in 2015. Honestly, the last few weeks of 2014 were hard for me. But I’d like to take a few moments to reflect on the past year, which, like all years, at times was scary, wonderful, sad, and beautiful.

Highlights of 2014
I celebrated New Year’s Eve with Christmas crackers and kazoos.
I faced my greatest fear.
I saw the 
field of poppies in the Tower of London's moat by nightfall. 
I shared one of the best meals of my life at Bodeguita Casablanca in Sevilla with my husband and two dear friends. 
I risked my life driving in the Grand Canary islands to see four shooting stars at Teide National Park.
I had a cozy dinner in the deep, dark woods of Germany that ended with homemade apricot doughnuts.
My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary with a quiet dinner at home, a bottle of red wine, and good conversation.
I went tubing in West Virginia for my birthday, drifting along looking up at the sky.
I received an award at work.
We finally got an apartment with a separate bedroom!
I discovered the deliciousness of dark beer.
I saw Amy Schumer at the Comedy Cellar in New York City.
I hosted a baby shower for a my lovely, funny friend Betsy.
My husband and I celebrated Valentine’s Day in Pittsburgh by eating pierogis, going out dancing, and watching snow fall softly from our hotel room window.
And, my husband and I went house hunting (unsuccessfully) for the first time.

Looking back and focusing on all that was the good, from the dinners with friends around our new table to my sister moving nearby to the new babies and marriages, it was a remarkable year. Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to sharing more with you in the future. 


Photos from upsplash.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I check your blog regularly. Your writing style is witty, keep iit up!



    Also visit my web site ... web page ()

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...