quote

"There's no beauty without poignancy and there's no poignancy without the feeling that it's going, men, names, books, houses--bound for dust--mortal--" - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Beautiful & Damned)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day, Goals & Fall Favorites



I hope you had a lovely Labor Day weekend! We ate grilled steak with chimichurri sauce, drank beer on the jet dock while fireworks exploded, and lit sparklers in the fire to celebrate my birthday; had homemade raspberry and lemon cream pie ice cream and went antique shopping; floated down the Antietam river and were accosted by dragon flies; and fought over homemade pancakes and oven-baked bacon at breakfast. It was a busy, merry holiday.

With another birthday celebrated, I’ve been thinking about goals. Right now, I'm trying to:1) Workout four times a week (including with light weights). 2) Drink more water at work. 3) Take a multivitamin daily. 4) Wear sunscreen on my face and neck daily. (This product is helping!) 5) Make more time for creative projects (photography, sewing, writing, etc.) 6) Have weekly meal plans to save money and eat healthier. There, now that I've written my goals I can't forget about them! 

With Labor Day over, here are a few of my fall favorites: Stovetop PotpourriH&M Metal Antler CandlesticksCotton Fisherman Sweater (sized up with skinny jeans, and boots), Easy Apple Crisp (my Nana's recipe), Plaid Button-Down Shirtand this Cotton Cable Throw, which looks cozy! Wishing you a wonderful week, as always!




Top photo from Upsplash.com by Tim Mossholder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...