quote

"There's no beauty without poignancy and there's no poignancy without the feeling that it's going, men, names, books, houses--bound for dust--mortal--" - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Beautiful & Damned)

Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Joanna August Wedding Dress + Bridal Accessories

I wanted to eat pizza, give big hugs, and do the twist in my wedding dress.  To walk through the grass, roast marshmallows in the fire pit, spin toddlers around the dance floor, and get tipsy. And, have enough money left over to afford Chinese food with my husband the next day, while unpacking and reminiscing.  



After trips to David’s Bridal and J. Crew, I ordered 
Joanna August's Newbury Long Dress in Going to the Chapel  (currently $275). I loved the flowing, comfortable chiffon fabric and feminine cinched waist. I wore a half slip and danced all night in Ugg's Lucianna Wedges. My mom and I made my veil with fabric and rosette trim from Hobby Lobby. 

Looking back, it was perfect. 

All photographs by Beck and Call Photography. For more on our wedding, here is information on our Welcome BagsProgramWedding DayBridesmaid's Gift NecklaceCake Topper and Bar Sign. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

  1. It's a river unclothe! i truly same the colors.
    I eff elfin ruffles on few things, yet most ruffles at a younger an inordinate amount of on behalf of me, and that i equal single-edged ruffles over ambiguous, thus i power most prospective hand these off too.Wedding Dress
    From watch the graph diplomat, it is not fecundate to have those ruffles aligned... the occurrence ruffles are not utterly aboveboard or utterly settled either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you wear a poofy half slip like a petticoat or a regular half slip like you would wear under a regular skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I wore a regular half slip. (The Vassarette women's 16" half slip from Target.) Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I ordered this dress and it's gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful. In any shop you'd pay a huge amount for this dress. I am so pleased with the dress and I don't regret buying online at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved it too :)

      Delete
  4. I do think hiring a wedding planner is quite necessary if you have enough budget and it's a medium or large wedding with at least 100 wedding guests!

    wedding cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I’m sure it’s wonderful to have a wedding coordinator (it just wasn’t in our budget). Luckily, with help from our lovely friends and vendors, we had a wonderful event without one. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...