quote

"There's no beauty without poignancy and there's no poignancy without the feeling that it's going, men, names, books, houses--bound for dust--mortal--" - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Beautiful & Damned)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I’m married!



The night before the wedding, I took two Tylenol p.m. at 12:30 am and couldn’t turn the fan on and the light off simultaneously. Before the wedding, I force-fed myself pretzels and graham crackers and had a scab on my cheek, from a pimple I’d put too much cream on earlier in the week. The wedding was magical anyways. Even when I spilled champagne on my in-laws’ friend’s lap and we couldn’t pop the champagne cork.

Hand-picked flowers + homemade bouquets

There was the photographer who fixed my hair after too many glasses of wine; my friend’s cool fingers as she massaged my face while applying my makeup; my bridesmaid’s sweet voice as she read i thank you God for this most amazing day by e. e. cummings; the officiant’s mispronouncing my husband’s last name during the ceremony; my sister’s braids; everyone dancing to Shout; an old friend stepping on my big toe; my nephew dropping my sister’s bouquet into the creek and one of the best men fishing it out; climbing into the tree house for photos; hugging everyone; and being so tired I could barely stand.
Chalkboard Label Thank You Mugs
Brick Oven Pizza (enough for everyone + more)
Now, I’m excited to just eat, drink, write, do dishes, argue, and dream. I can’t wait to share more with you soon. xxoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...